A big thanks (again!) to Kristin at Expatially Mexico for nominating me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. It’s nice to have a German on my side when I talk about crazy German things. Plus, she’s living in Mexico, so she gets the whole expat thing. Go check her blog out!
1.Display the award logo on your blog.
2.Link back to the person who nominated you.
3.State 7 things about yourself.
4.Nominate 15 bloggers for this blog and link to their pages.
5.Notify these bloggers of the nomination and the awards’ requirements.
7 Things You Might Not Know About Me:
1. I knit, and I just finished a sweater for myself that may be my first “wearable, like out in public wearable” sweater. (Knitters know what I mean).
2. I actually enjoy watching German television, including television dubbed into German. Even Germans think this is nuts, and yes — it is. However, it’s not like if I’m dying to watch a particular episode of Scrubs and I have the option of either watching it in English or watching it in German, I’ll opt for German. I just think it’s a mildly amusing way to spend half an hour once you’ve flipped on the T.V. And have I mentioned how much fun it is to eat breakfast while watching the future Mr. Walter White running around and screaming in German?
3. My official job nowadays is “freelance writer.” The next question is always, “and what do you write?” Well: textbook questions about management, finance and human resources. And fascinating articles like “How to Become a Podiatrist” and “Schooling Needed to Become an Assistant Head Receptionist at a Day Care Center that May or May Not Be Licensed.” It’s a glamorous life.
5. I speak Spanish. This has helped me in Germany exactly zero times.
6. I met John Stamos once and took a picture with him, after seeing him in Cabaret. I was 14 — I look much different now. I imagine that he actually does not.
7. I really, really, really can’t stand it when the credits at the beginning of movies are just credits. Like, black screen with words, and that’s it. Let’s get some storytelling done, people!
Blogs that you should check out (yes, there are less than 15 here. I don’t follow too many people — something I intend to change):
Confuzzledom - a British girl living in Germany
Culturally Discombobulated - a British transplant to America
Those Dam Americans - no longer “Dam,” as of recently, but still a great read!
Sunshine and Siestas - an American living in southern Spain
Cosy Travels of the Viking and his Kitten - fun travels, gorgeous photos
Sherbet and Sparkles - a British translator living in Frankfurt
An American Hermit Crab in Denmark – the title kind of says it all…
Expat Alien – an American who has lived…pretty much everywhere!
German-American Abroad – a German girl living in NYC, taking lovely photos